Who we are
Our website address is: https://evergreenwealthadvisory.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
INVESTOR PRIVACY NOTICE
As an organization that collects, uses and discloses personal information, Raintree Financial Solutions is subject to the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act (or by similar laws in the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia and Quebec), effective January 1st, 2004. In complying with these laws, it is important that Raintree Financial Solutions provide you with information so that you may fully understand the purposes for which your personal information is collected.
Over the course of your relationship with Raintree Financial Solutions and your Dealing Representative, personal information will be collected in order to administer your account. This information typically includes your financial information and investment objectives, in addition to your current investments, banking information and your social insurance number. This information allows for but is not limited to the buying and selling of investments on your behalf, in addition to providing you with reporting and the administration of your account in a manner that complies with regulations.
At times, Raintree Financial Services may be required to provide this information to investment manufacturers and trust companies as well as securities and other regulators or law enforcement agencies. These organizations are bound by and must comply with the same federal/provincial privacy act(s) as Raintree Financial Solutions. Raintree Financial Solutions does not disclose your information to any other organization(s) to use for their own purposes and in particular will never sell or trade your personal
The purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal information is central to our being able to provide you with our services. Should you have objections to the collection and disclosure of your personal information, as listed in the foregoing, Raintree Financial Solutions will no longer be in a position to provide you with these services. Therefore, by maintaining your account with Raintree Financial Solutions, you have impliedly consented to our collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in the limited manner described.
In representing Raintree Financial Solutions in the purchase and sale of investments, your Dealing Representative is acting on behalf of Raintree Financial Solutions. However, your Dealing Representative may also be licensed to sell other products or services, which are not the business of Raintree Financial Solutions. Should they do so, your Dealing Representative will communicate with you directly regarding any additional use or disclosure of your personal information.
If you wish to review or make changes to your personal information you may do so by making a written request to Privacy Officer, Raintree Financial Solutions: Westgate Business Park, 10243 – 178 Street, Edmonton, AB T5S 1M3.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal information we encourage you to speak with your Dealing Representative. Alternatively, you may contact the designated Privacy Officer for Raintree Financial Solutions via fax at 780.443.2656 or via email at admin@raintreeFS.com.
PRIVATE WEALTH ADVISOR WEBSITE REQUIREMENTS
- At a minimum, the Raintree logo and tagline “Investments Provided Through Raintree Financial Solutions” must be displayed in the same size and prominence as your Trade Name or Trade Name logo, on the Home Page and any page that mentions Exempt Market Products. Is the logo used on this site the current logo and is it acceptable to Raintree?
- The Raintree logo is a designed element owned and strictly controlled by Raintree Financial Solutions. The Raintree logo may not be used without the express written permission of Raintree Financial Solutions. The Raintree logo may not be scanned from documents or the Internet, but must always be obtained from Raintree Head Office. Raintree will provide the logo in electronic format. The minimum size the logo will be accepted is 200px or 2.78”, please note there is no maximum size.
- The Raintree Financial Solutions Website Disclaimer and Privacy Information must either be visible on every page or clearly linked to every page of the website, and must be provided in a minimum 10-point font size, (NI81-102, Part 15, s15.2). You are required to provide two links on a recurring banner; one entitled “Disclaimers” and one entitled “Privacy”, so that access to this information will appear on every page of the site.
- You are prohibited from using any business name or designation of qualifications or professional experience that deceives or misleads or could reasonably be expected to deceive or mislead a client or any other person as to your proficiency or qualifications.
- The regulators expect that PWA’s (Private Wealth Advisor) will operate independently from the influence of any other person or entity. However, you must be sure that the regulators do not get the impression that you act independently from the compliance supervision of your Exempt Market Dealer.
** You will be provided with the Raintree Financial Solutions Website Disclaimer from RFS.
Exempt market investments are not guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer.
Investment products sold in the exempt market are considered high risk because:
- They are not covered by deposit or investor protection insurance;
- Regulators do not review any of the offering documents for completeness and, in jurisdictions where an Offering Memorandum is filed, Regulators may not review them for completeness or accuracy;
- Issuers of exempt products are not subject to the same ongoing disclosure obligations as public issuers;
- Many exempt products are not as liquid as publicly-traded securities;
- Exempt products are often subject to a greater degree of “key person” risk than more widely held securities;
- They are purchased pursuant to an exemption from the usual protections accorded to investors in publicly-traded securities and under a prospectus offering; and
- There may be risks other than these related to the specific investments purchased. It is the Dealing Representative’s obligation to discuss or otherwise provide the Client with access to information relating to some of those risks.
There can be no assurances that the investment will be able to maintain its net acquisition value or to produce projected income. Investment values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Using borrowed money to finance the purchase of securities involves greater risk than a purchase using cash resources only. If you borrow money to purchase securities, your responsibility to repay the loan and pay interest as required by its terms remains the same if the value of the securities purchased declines.
All non-investment related business conducted by Representatives of Raintree Financial Solutions is not in the capacity of an employee or agent of Raintree Financial Solutions. Non-investment related business includes, without limitation, advising in or selling any type of insurance product, advising in or selling any type of mortgage service, and estate and tax planning or tax return preparation. Accordingly, Raintree Financial Solutions is not liable and/or responsible for any non-investment related business conducted by Representatives of Raintree Financial Solutions. Such business is the responsibility of the individual alone.
References on this website to third party goods or services should not be regarded as an endorsement of these goods or services. By accessing any of the links provided you will be leaving this site. Raintree Financial Solutions is not responsible for the information contained on these websites.
This website is intended for Canadian residents only and the information contained herein is subject to change without notice. This website does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation.
This website is for general information only and is not intended to provide specific personalized advice including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting or tax advice. Please consult an appropriate professional regarding your particular circumstances.